In order for a Player to access a game, the game first needs to be added to the Player Dashboard. There are a few ways to add games to a Player Dashboard to make the process as seamless as possible. First, you must find the games you want to add to a Player Dashboard.
Selecting the game card will open up the game and give a short description and allow a preview. Games that are selected and previewed will also appear in the Recently Viewed tab in the menu bar.
Here are ways to find specific types of games:
Find the newest games on the What’s New page of the L³ Skills™ dashboard. Here you will find the most recently added games as they are released.
Search for specific types of games by selecting the search tab in the top menu bar.
Type in a keyword, category or tag to display games that correspond to the search term(s).
After selecting the Search tab, you can select Filter results to further specify your search and find games based on learning category, tags and/or age group. Captains can choose customized game selections based on the needs of an individual student.
Search for games by category. Each game card is colored and organized into a skill category.
- Blue: Language Arts Skills
- Green: Math Skills
- Red: Life Skills
- Orange: Fine Motor Skills
- Yellow: Cause and Effect (Switch-Accessible)
Tags are used to describe specific skills that a game targets. Games will come with tags already applied and will be searchable based on the tags. L³ Skills not only assists with cognitive skill development, but also with auto-reflexive and non-cognitive skills such as attention to task, understanding start to finish and the concept of working for rewards.
Some examples of tags include:
- Math Operations
- Counting Objects
- Creative Discovery
Add Game to Player Dashboard
Add a new game by selecting the quick assign icon on the bottom right side of the game card. A list of Players will show and allow you to add the game directly onto a Player’s Dashboard. You can also select the desired class (if using the Planner), start and end dates, and Availability in Student View (if homework time is set).
Save the game as a favorite by selecting the star icon . By saving a game to the My Favorites tab, you can access it quickly from the tab at a later time and assign it to a Player Dashboard from there.
Add Game to Player Dashboard from My Favorites
Navigate to the My Favorites tab in the L³ Skills top menu. A list of games you have saved as a favorite can be viewed here.
Select the quick assign button on the bottom right side of the game card to assign a favorite game to one or all of the Players.
Add Game to Player Dashboard from Manage Games
Navigate to the Manage Games tab in the L³ Skills top menu. Manage Games gives you a list of seated Players to assign games to. From here you can add to a Player Dashboard in two ways:
- Select a Player avatar to open their Player Dashboard.
- Drag and drop a game card from the My Favorites window on the left into the Player’s Dashboard to assign that game to the Player.
- Once in the Player Dashboard, press the X in the top right corner if you wish to remove the game.
- Select the quick assign icon on the game card in the My Favorites window to assign the game to one Player or multiple Players in the Assign Activity pop-up.
Adding Games from My Students
- Navigate to My Students under My Account.
- Select Add Assignment(s) in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select the desired content type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Add button next to the desired content.
- Pro Tip: You can use the search at the top to narrow your results and select multiple content during this step.